Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello Arghians!!
It has taken some time but I finally have a new location for our gathering.  As with moves of all kinds, it comes with some changes, and I hope we can all embrace these changes and see how ARGH evolves from here on out.  In the next few days I will lay out the new costs and details.  I'm hoping that for most people the cost will be less!  There will be several lodging choices with lots of sharing options as well as the option to have a single family cabin, there is also a very cost effective choice of staying in the bunkhouse, which will also be our meeting space as it has a large open area and a commercial kitchen and bathrooms etc. on the bottom floor.  This is not like the huge conference center we have come accustomed to at Roan Mountain but I think it will work nicely.  There is also a campground area with tent and RV spaces available.  I will put all of the details together and put it on the list soon.
The new dates for the Spring Gathering are May 6th-9th, 2012.
The location is Springmaid Mountain in Spruce Pine, NC.
This location will require a deposit so I will be letting you know as soon as I know when the deposit will be due.
This is their website that you can check out to see some of the cabins: http://www.leroysprings.com/default.asp?lsc=288&urlkeyword=cabins
They also have horse riding and hayrides available which they will give us a discount on, but that can be paid for individually and onsite if anyone decides they would like to do this.  OR if there is enough interest ahead of time I can go ahead and plan either of these events and put it on the schedule, but again, it will be extra.

I'm pretty excited about the new location and I hope you all will love it too!
Peace in the New Year and all the growth and changes that will come with it for our group and for all of you and your families,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment